Before I moved to SA (10 months ago); I made a few purchases. One of them being a new vacuum cleaner. I picked up one by Dyson, which is suppose to be one of the best. Well...about a week ago, my mom asked me how I liked it? I started laughing. She was wandering what was up...and then she said..."Terri, have you even used the vacuum cleaner" (she knows I HATE to vacuum, i think it's the noise). And, then I told her, that the vacuum cleaner had been used, and I guess I like it, but how I personally have never used it. Then I went on the relate how when it was 1st used, our 1st house helper didn't know how to turn it on, and he came to me...but the funny thing was, I didn't know how to turn it on either. Inside I was laughing, because here I was with K (not his name) and we're both looking for the on switch. How this must have looked to my house helper, that I didn't even know how to turn on my own vacuum cleaner. And, my attitude is like, "don't know, don't care". We eventually figured it out. But, then when my 2nd house helper started, I had the same problem, when he wanted to know how to use the hose. Again, I didn't know. LOL...how soon we get spoiled. But...I tell you...this is something I may have to deal with when I move back to the states. It's like, I know this will sound so bad, but we need to import some Indians (not being any kind of way, but they are the cheap labor force in Saudi Arabia). LOL But, then I think we have...they're all Engineers, Computer Programmers, Analyst, IT Project Managers, etc. LOL...No house cleaning for them.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
you are way worse than me, at least i can tell where the on/off switich is, lol
LOL!! Have U Seen a Dyson?!! This thing is crazy. So many snaps, and buttons. LOL Seriously...it requires an operating guide. *still laughing*
I stumbled upon your blog haphazardly, but I'm glad. I never encounter people like you in my real life, I mean out of Cyberspace. That is a great shame because I'd love to sit and have a conversation with someone like you. I mean no disrespect by "someone like you", I know that must sound awkward but I only mean your uniqueness, which I admire. Your life sounds a great deal like a foreign film to me, and I love foreign films or perhaps like a romance novel, the kind I used to read when I had leisurely time. :) So, thanks for blogging.
Thanks Magda for stopping by.
Yea...I kinda didn't know what to make of "someone like you". I didn't take it negatively...just curious as to how you see my life. But, it sounds as if it may be a compliment; maybe... =)
haha, hey how is everythign in saudi arabi...i have watched ur channel on youtube and i like what u do so tell me what do u do in saudi ? how is it?
Mohammed- USA
Hello Mohammed,
Thanks for stopping by and for checking out my videos. All is going well in SA. I'm mostly adjusted, and I'm living my life. However, I've had a lot of people asking me questions about my life here. So...I will be posting another video soon that is an interview, which will actually answer some of the questions I've been getting from readers of my blog, and people who have watched my videos, so...stay tuned!
BCIS
Hey BCIS !
glad to hear you are enjoy for what u do but i would say if you tried to learn Arabic language i think this might be a nice thing because u re having a good opportunity to do so. alright.. Have a good one and Happy Halloween!
Mohammed-USA
It looks like you are having a good experience living in Saudi Arabia. I assume that you work for Saudi Aramco in Dhahran. Well, actually I am an Aramco sponsored student studying at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. So after I graduate (in 2012), I will be working for Aramco in Dhahran. I liked your video that you recorded 2 weeks after your arrival to SA. I think it is a great idea to write blogs on the internet and upload videos on the youtube to make people here in the US have an idea how does SA looks like. I wish I have seen your blogs and videos a week before now because the Saudi Student Organization at University of North Carolina at Charlotte was hosting a Saudi Night that aimed to introduce the Saudi culture to the community and it would have be a very nice idea to show the audience your videos so that they can have an idea how an American lady is living in Saudi Arabia. At the end I wish you will have an enjoyable time in my country like I am having a great time studying in your country. Khalid-UNC Charlotte-Sophomore Accounting Student.
Hello Unknown-Man and thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed reading it. Wow...to share my videos...that's crazy. I mean..it's like...I med those videos for my family and friends in the US, and now to hear you wanted to show them at a Saudi Student Organization...it's really surprising.
BTW: My husband works for Aramco...I'm just a trailing spouse. =)
Post a Comment